The kids are back in school and the peaches are canned so it’s time to SEW YOUR ROWS!
It’s still light in the evening and football is back on weekend TV. Talk about weekends! There are lots of them in September so let’s SEW YOUR ROWS!
- Organize your kits and patterns. No guilt. Rowing is a hobby. Remember all the fun you had collecting them on summer vacation and there’s no expiration date on them either.
- Do your faves first. Then gifts. Start with the easiest. Finished is better than perfect.
- Open up the kits. Read through the patterns and inventory the parts. Got everything? Yes! No? Don’t stress. Make a list. Raid your stash.
- Plan no-sew task time. Trace and cut applique shapes while watching evening TV.
- Stock up on basic supplies. Fusibles? Always get used up quickly on rows. Thread? Machine needles, M&M’s, coffee, wine?
- Not sure your rows will become a quilt? Buy a couple yards of your own background or sky. Switch out the kit’s background for yours and use it for all rows. This way your rows will always work together whatever their future is.
- Plan a Row sewing party. Invite friends. Eat!
- Row and Tell. Take lots of photos. Post them on Facebook. Use the hashtag #isewedarow. Drop in at your favorite local quilt shop and show off your rows. Take more photos.
- Share your Row stories. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have fun sewing your rows. Re-visit the shop if you can and show off your version of their row for Row ‘n’ Tell. Take lots of pics and be sure to add a great big smile. Friends too! Use #isewedarow and post your own row sewing fun on Facebook and Instagram.
Love this chicken row? Sorry. It was from 2014 when the theme was Sew A Season and these were Spring Chicks. The pattern is no longer available, but you can still have just as much fun sewing up your rows. Thank goodness the row patterns and kits in your collection have no expiration date.
Click here for your own Sew Your Rows Planner.
Remember, you can still get complimentary patterns and buy kits for Row by Row Junior and The 9th Row through October 31. There is no Challenge Period (formerly known as Hibernation) for these programs.
October 31, 2017 is the last day to present a quilt for a prize.